Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cheyenne Canyon Hike - Ranger's Route (1-19-2010)

The plan was to hike the Seven Bridges Trail in Cheyenne Canyon. Once I reached the turn-off for my intended route, I noticed a packed down trail leading to a different destination.
(Click on any picture for a crystal clear view)

In the spirit of adventure (and a desire for a steep climb), I turned left instead of continuing on toward the Seven Bridges Trail. Here is a bird's-eye view of the area I hiked:

The route is known to locals as "Ranger's Route". It is often skied in the winter. On this day, the route was a mix of rock, snow, and ice.


The hard packed snow, coupled with the steepness of the slope, led to me turning back before reaching the top. Safety first. Summit second.





This hike took about 75-minutes (Parking lot-to-Parking Lot). I look forward to tackling this route when I have the right gear!

The Hiking Nerd








No comments:

Post a Comment