Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The North Face Sues the South Butt (12-22-2009)

I'm a big fan of the free market and the fact that in the United States we all have the opportunity to succeed.

Sometimes, however, the line becomes blurred between originality and copycatting (is that even a word?) A good example to demonstrate my point is Jimmy Winkelmann's parody product site, The South Butt.

Originally started as a way for Jimmy to pay for college, The South Butt is currently being sued by The North Face because of its parody product line.

Personally, I find The South Butt products funny - regardless of whether they violate a law or not. I DO NOT advocate the purchase of Jimmy's products, but I think I'm going to have get a shirt before The North Face wipes them off the Face (pun intended) of the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment